Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Time To Spank The Baby! (Whatever That Means)

Hello. My name is Jake Murray. This is my blog. What up world.

To start things off this is a video of me from YouTube. It makes the parents proud.







This blog is about Mass Communications and my life. It should get pretty interesting.

I graduated from Watertown High School in Watertown Massachusetts in 2009. The slogan for my graduating class was "Destined for greatness made to shine class of 2009". I think the video above shows how much greatness I'm destined for.

A media experience that I thought was interesting was when LeBron James finally announced he was going to play for Miami Heat and not stay in Cleveland. I thought the whole thing- the hype, media coverage, the actual interview was ridiculous. I was a little taken back at the whole thing and showed some of the downsides of celebrity journalism and sensationalism. I mean I don't care that much about basketball, I'm an avid hockey fan.

I do like some things about this new Media Age. I think it can do some amazing things, bring people and ideas together, as well as allow great things like this blog to exist. I just don't like how people use it to dumb people down with sitcoms and game shows and not use it to elevate society. But hey, that's what governments are for.

I'm a communications major and I don't know what exactly I'm going to do with that. My only life goal is to marry Miley Cyrus. That's it.

Oh here is a FUN FACT- Eliza Dushku also graduated from Watertown High School. For those people who don't know, she is an actress who starred in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the spinoff Angel. She was also #6 on Maxim Hot 100 in 2009. She's hot. I saw her once at a Thanksgiving Day high school football game. It was sweeeet.





This is her.

Image Courtesy of Maxim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment